Loading all resources
Developed as part of our GMCG Digital and Blended Learning Project, funded through the College Collaboration Fund, GMC HQ site provides a range of resources for teachers, students, leaders and managers to develop and improve the quality of provision.
All resources are available to colleagues across the colleges and wider education community, including secondary schools and other post-16 and adult education providers.
How it works
You can browse and view all of our resources using the search bar or by category. You will then be able to filter by format or refine your search further.
If you want to download any of the resources you need to log in. If you don’t have a log in, please sign up to request access.
Choose a category
Most recent uploads:
Work smarter not harder
In this PowerPoint CPD session Linda-Ann McCarthy from The Manchester College recaps the various types of feedback, walks us through considering different assessment methods and provides ideas and strategies teachers can begin to use straight away.
Using Nearpod with Microsoft Teams video
In this video, Antony Wood at Trafford College Group gives an overview of the way he successfully engages learners in online lesson delivery using Nearpod and Microsoft Teams.
How I use Teams – Michael Woods
In this video, Michael Woods from Trafford College Group explains how he uses Microsoft Teams to successfully engage learners in everyday teaching, learning and assessment.
I am new to Microsoft Teams where do I start?
We have lots of resources on this website relating to Microsoft Teams. As a first point of call I would recommend you watch each of these short videos:
- How to create a Team within Microsoft Teams
- How to schedule / send a Microsoft Team meeting
- Microsoft Teams icons
- How to share screen using Microsoft Teams
- How to use breakout rooms within Microsoft Teams
- How to set up class notebook within Microsoft Teams
When you have become more confident you may want to look at some of these resources to further develop your skills and knowledge:
We have just started using Zoom can you help?
We have lots of resources on this website relating to Zoom but these are what we would recommend you start with:
- Experts Guide Zoom Basics
- Experts Guide Template Recordings
- Experts Guide to breakout rooms
- Using Zoom Chat and Reactions
When you have become more confident you may find these helpful too:
I am confident with our digital platform but I want to use more digital tools for assessment can you help?
We have lots of resources on digital tools these are some of our favourites:
- Digital tools that support assessment
- Digital tools that support collaboration
- Digital Tools That Support Teaching – this webinar is a good introduction as it covers a variety of tools
- Using Microsoft Forms
- Using One Note Class Notebook for Teaching learning and assessment
- Quizzes for formal/informal assessment
- How to create a mentimeter presentation – Mentimeter is a great digital resource to gain information or feedback from students. This Word document will show you how to create an account and a presentation to use with your students.
- Use of Mentimeter to create interactive resources
- How to create engaging content using Powtoon
- Online assessment of learning via the use of Triptico
- How to use Baamboozle
How can I encourage my students to engage more with online learning?
We would encourage you to look at the content and engagement PowerPoint which includes a YouTube video on how to encourage students to turn up to remote learning. We would then suggest looking at the digital tools you are using, one example could be using a wheel of names to engage all students as Beth from The Manchester College does in this video for Directed questioning wheel of (mis)fortune. Also, we would suggest looking at David from The LTE Group’s video effective synchronous tips for teaching and learning.